Monday, June 17, 2013
First day in Breck
Okay, so I am in Breckenridge. It is my first night alone. I've spent a lot of time traveling for work, but never for personal. So, this should be quite the adventure for me. My mother has challenged me to keep a journal. I don't think that's realistic. However, I do think I can blog. I plan to give her my blog address, take pictures, and keep track of all the wonderful things I get to do up here.
Today I went for my first bike ride on the path that connects Breckenridge and Vail. The history of this area fascinates me. It is a mining community, and the bike path runs along a river which is being reclaimed as a result of the dredging that occurred here through the 1950s. a good portion of the ride ran alongside pilings, large Torain piles of gravel and rock. Initially, I thought it was gravel for construction or something like that. What we humans do.
I was thrilled when the trail wound up into the mountains. The smells welcomed me. I love the mountains. It always feels like coming home.
Of course, I had to have one small fall. Luckily, my friend Ali had told me to hang onto the handlebars when i fall. I am no worse for the wear.
I'm excited for tomorrow, I'm going to go backpacking by myself. I don't know where I'm going to go yet, but I'm going to plan on a single night. That should be pretty doable.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment